Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Marble Dying

So today in Fabrics class we did marble dying. First impression: omg that tray is full of goo. I don't want to do this. But then Prof. Chids demo-ed for us and I was like...holy crap that's awesome. Let's rock this. So after getting over the goo I made these two designs. The pink/black one first and the green/black one after. You can see a little of the pink got on the green one too from the first batch.

If you've never done this before but are interested definitely look up how to do it and what you'll need to make water into this goo, and where to buy the correct dye. I just wish we had more than one sink to clean up with because we could have done more but wasted a lot of time waiting in line. OH! And since the fabric is specially treated to take the dye, once you place it in the solution it sucks up the dye and you can go right over and wash it off and the dye wont come off. It's magical!!

I would totally do this again. We got a hand out of instructions so that was a bonus! If anyone wants a copy of my handout and I scan it and send it to you.



[Edit]
Got the directions scanned if anyone's interested.
Front of Handout

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome! I would love a copy of the handout!

Aleksandra said...

I would love to see a copy of your handout as well. That really looks like a lot of fun to try out and mess with! :o

Sarah said...

Woah! Thats awesome! Maybe I should take that class!!!