Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Japanese Box Bag!

I was recently surfing Etsy when I came across these types of bags called Japanese Box Bags. After looking around to see others that people have made I thought I might buy one. But, upon further consideration, I wanted one like right now. So I looked online and found a couple tutorials on how to make them! I used this one, which was great because it makes a fully lined bag, which a lot of others didn't:

It's a Pretty Modern Life

I also ended up buying that blue nail polish!! <3

Anyway, here's how it turned out:



I used fabric I had left over from making a jacket for my Mom and some muslin for the lining. Since one of the only zippers I had on hand that was long enough was red, I found some other old red fabric to use as the little pull tabs on either end to match.

I think it turned out super cute and I will be making one for myself soon! Already obtained super cute fabric and I'm going to make it even bigger than the tutorial directs! Hopefully it'll be big enough to carry my sewing supplies!

1 comment:

PrettyModern said...

It looks fantastic! I'm so glad you liked the polish too:) Thanks for sharing your work and sharing my link.
PrettyModern