Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Key Fob Wristlets

After seeing these on Etsy I had to have one!! I found a bunch of tutorials online of slightly varying techniques and after compiling them all this is how I made mine. I couldn't find any key fob hardware at Micheal's, Joann's, or Home Depot, and I didn't want to buy any online since I'm leaving for school again soon, so I found someone who made them using D-rings instead. Genius!

So these are how they turned out. I only had 2 D-rings on hand otherwise I'd have made more! Such a great little project.




Want to make your own? These are the directions I followed:

Buttercuppity's long-awaited-ummm-yeah-sorry-key-fob Tutorial

The mods I made were at the end. Like I said, instead of the key fob hardware I used a D-ring.

1) Slip on the D-ring to the middle of the strip

2) With right sides together, sew the two raw ends together.

3) Trim the seam and flip so that the seam is now inside.

4) Now slip the D-ring over the seam.

5) To finish the raw edge and secure the D-ring sew a french seam which will encase them both.


Hopefully that's not too confusing without pictures! If you need any help or clarification just let me know.

No comments: