Sunday, November 6, 2011

My First Socks - Peds!

  This project actually had a couple of firsts for me. First pair of socks AND first time using self striping yarn. Loooove the self striping yarn. Love.

  The pattern is called Pom Pom Peds by The Purl Bee and it's a great pattern. Lots of pictures and well written directions. I didn't have any problems with it and, again, these were my first pair of socks. They're worked from the top down.

  The yarn I used is from Knit Picks called Felici Fingering Self Striping Sock Yarn in the Afternoon colorway.


Here's a few things I learned in the process of making these...

  • When using self striping yarn DON’T use the first color, it probably isn’t the full length! DAMN!!

  • If you have a 10” foot you wont have enough of this yarn to do them both the same with one skein. If you don’t care about the order of the stripes then you’ll have enough of it and don’t worry! Have fun. I was seriously 1 and 1/2 stripes short. GAH! Luckily I saved the yarn I had to scrap because it wasn’t the correct color for the next sock and finished it with that.

  • I am not good at picking up stitches. Bleh, need to work on that, mine were a little holey and weird.

  • Lastly, I think I might try a size smaller needle for the next pair and add on an extra 4 stitches like Haramis did with hers.

No comments: