Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh BABY!

  Ok so here's the deal. I don't have a baby. Will never have a baby. But a friend of mine did have a baby. Thus this very cute baby sweater. It's actually the FIRST sweater I've ever finished! I have an adult size one for me in the works but it's taking forever because I keep putting it down.

  Anyway, I actually had this yarn and pattern laying around from my Sophomore year in college when I was planning on making it for my professor's baby. Well that didn't turn out so it got a second chance with my friend's baby instead! Better in the long run.

  What's great about this project is that the yarn, buttons, and pattern were all included in the $15 price! There was enough yarn to make 3 different sizes (I made the middle one and there was plenty of yarn leftover), and two pattern choices. It's from Plymouth Yarn, the design I made was called Baby Placket Pullover, and that was included was called Cotton Kisses. I tried to find a link to the Plymouth site for the project but it doesn't seem to be available through their official site anymore, hence the link to the Ravelry page. Also included on the other side of the baby placket pullover was this pattern for a very cute Baby Cardigan. Anyway, the pattern was written pretty well, some of the details were a little abbreviated but manageable.

  If I have one gripe it's that I don't think the slubby/nubby yarn was a great choice for this pattern. It didn't really let the details you knit into it stand out as well as they could with just a regular yarn. Either way, it was a pretty fast knit (ran into the 'putting it down' problem since there was two sleeves and front/back) but still got it done before winter which is always a plus haha. But for once I didn't mind having to seam up everything. It was so small that it was fast and easy!


No comments: