Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recycled Yarn Experiment

  Ok, so I came upon a group on Ravelry called UnRavelers that unravel old, ugly sweaters for the yarn then reuse it to make a cute modern garment or item. Oh yeah, I was intrigued. So I went right off to my local Goodwill thinking I would score an old ugly man sweater in some awesome fiber like cashmere for $5 and then dance all the way home. Well it turns out that Florida is NOT the place for that to happen. But I was still eager to try unraveling something! So I went back home, looked through all my old stuff, and found an old duster from Wet Seal! 

  Well, it wasn't exactly the dream garment, it was acrylic yarn, but at least it would have a lot of yardage and give me a chance to test the waters. Sooooo....the duster went from this...

To THESE!!


I'm not sure what I'll make from it...if anything...but it was a good experience if nothing else!

No comments: